Friday, 1 July 2016

30 Day Goal

What are my goals for the next 30 days?
Do you have any goals for the next month? 

This is a blog prompt I saw on Pinterest and I thought "gee..that's interesting.. I wonder what mine would be if I truly sat down to think about it?" .
So, I did.

Life seems a bit hairy canary right now. Summer is supposed to be everyone's relax time .but for me, it's not. Except for two weeks out of the summer where I get to spend my time lounging on the beach in my in-laws hometown of Christina Lake,BC. There , I do nothing but watch my kids frolic on streets with the odd sunday driver, keep an eye out for bears, plan our next bike ride down the highway (sounds scarier than it actually is) to get soft serve and amaz. onion rings. It's a simple life, a quiet two weeks and I am pretty sure I will have to live near this lake one day soon. Life there is just how I think things should be on a daily basis.. Mind you, the increasing amount of bugs you encounter compared to the prairies, bears the size of your shed in the backyard and the low hanging clouds of winter are enough to make you second guess.. But, that's neither here nor there. Girls gotta dream of having a lake house.. Imagine, an ocean girl dreaming of a lake house.. 





But, back to the idea of goals for the next 30 days.. 
Naturally, you'd grab a piece of paper and a pencil and start making a list. Lists..oh lists.. the satisfaction you can receive from ticking boxes and crossing out items on those lists.. Make a girl with ocd swoon…  You would start the list off , most likely, with all of the things you want to get done around your house ; such as: those creative-make-your-life-easier-slash-make-you-look-like-the-ultimate-crafter DIY jobs that are neatly compiled on your "super ideas"p pinterest (let me just point out here that spell check is increasingly annoying when you are trying to type p i n t e r e s t. *EYE ROLL!*) board . (RUN ON SENTENCE ALERT. do i care? no.)  So, you'd compile this ridiculous list and then you realize, I have 30 days.. two kids..a home to run..a husband..a dog..play taxi..a yard. .not one but TWO small home business to keep up to.. You know..everyday normal shit. And you say to yourself.. oh hells no.. that is nowhere near enough time. *crumple up list ..toss*..
Begin again..

30 DAYS HEY!? 

So, home DIY list is OUT.
Weightloss goals… nah. 
Home organization goals..maybe.. 
Gratitude journalling ..probably should..

Then it dawns on me. The next 30 days are going to make it hard to reach any business goals regarding my illustrations,paintings or my nail studio. Therefore, I need to make this a summery goal list and I'm going to add a personal touch to it. Obvs.

TO BEGIN..I found this on Pinterest.
And I think it's the perfect little summer goals list! More specifically, I'm going to use it in Christina Lake to make our trip even more phenomenal!



I think I'm going to print my own up and have it laminated so we can use it for other holidays and seasons. Fun and fairly simple, right ?

Then to add to that, I have the following goals that I'd like to have accomplished in the next 30 days.

1.  Purchase all the summer shoes and new sunscreen required for the summer. (this should be checked off by Monday!)


2.  Continue my yoga practice while at the lake.


3.  Make up my nail studio schedule , for the fall.


4.  Don't let any of the trips this summer , stress me out. No overpacking.


5. Eat clean ! (Ice cream doesn't count!)

WELL! Let's see how that goes.. I think that leaves lots of room for accomplishment.. The list isn't too heavy and the goals are straightforward. The term "setting up for success" comes to mind..

I hope you share some of your goals for the next 30 days . I'll post an update on how my kiddos filled in the little summer goal list. That should be neat to hear their ideas. I encourage you to do the same.

Happy Canada Day, ya'll!

No comments :

Post a Comment