Monday, 27 August 2012

preschool

in approximately two weeks, my master ellis begins his school career. 
nothing really prepares you for this moment , i dont think. maybe its because we've been too busy travelling between bc and alberta or i've been sleeping away the summer in order to speed up the arrival of fall weather. {don't curse me, i'm 26 weeks pregnant and sweating like a pig - bringing new meaning to the term "swoob"}.
but i'm not really ready and i'm so ready at the same time. i'm scared i'm going to miss doing something vitally important , like take that first day of school photo or put him in just the right outfit for me to remember for all of our years. and this moment is going to come and go so fast , how am i ever going to  hold onto these years that gave me the sole purpose of ensuring he was ready for his moment to spread his wings in high pre school .. did i teach him good manners, will he remember to just be himself, will he finally say his ABC's in full without skipping the last half to get straight to the fancy chorus line ??? 
AAAAaaaah!!! 




i guess i will find out. but thankfully,the teacher has requested that there be two parent teachers per school day... and i'm in charge of the sign up sheet. 
{insert name EVERYDAY!} 
...maybe he'll still snuggle me in class... nah, i'm the cool mom. i dont need snuggles cuz he'll be too busy playing with his buddies ... 

note to the teacher, if you see someone sniveling in the corner surrounded by tissues and purple glue sticks, craft paper and crayons.. its me, suffering from separation anxiety while my child blossoms into a thriving young person aiming for his PhD in rocket science. 

and to think. i'm going to have to do this again in 4 years. oh dear...

do they have parent helpers in elementary and high school ?

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad I have another year before I have to stress about this. School for Maelle already terrifies me. Most kids are cruel without meaning it and it ties me in knots. Hopefully this time next year I'll feel better about it but right now...nope scared poopless.

    ReplyDelete