Friday, 9 March 2012

really..really!?

today i had a "really?!" moment. i got nasty and rude and dropped that filter that people normally have between their brain and their voice box. case in point. it took me nearly two months to get my husband to get fitted for my brother's wedding as he's a groomsmen. today, we made it. it was first on the list. get there, and it felt as soon as i opened my mouth , confusion spread across the salesmen's face and i knew from there, it was all down hill. sure enough it was. to make a long story short, they had all kinds of wrong clothing set aside with my brothers information on it and with no explanation of anything except to mistakenly tell me to come back another day. then and there, i looked at the two associates who suggested this and said " i do NOT think so. i am not coming back here. we are here now, what can't we figure out? this shouldn't be difficult." ooooh i got nasty.. i got real nasty. normally, if it was innocent mistakes and didn't seem like a total F up then i'd be like " hey, thats ok. i understand". but when somebody looks at me and tells me to come back when in the first place he wasn't willing to put in the effort to help my husband and i get this fitting taken care of, or when i'm telling you my brother didn't order these items of clothing with visual confirmation from him thanks to iPhones that he didn't, or to tell me that the other groomsmen had no problem getting his fitting done because he probably had different information then me when I'M THE SISTER of the groom.... you have got a problem on your hands. and that he did....

i was aware of how nasty i was being at the time. but were they aware of how ridiculously incapable they were making themselves look?

so really?!? next time, do your damn job. thats what your there for , and if you aren't, i'm sure there's plenty of people who could use it that would just have to put in the minimum effort to exceed the job you did today of putting your customer first.

No comments :

Post a Comment